And here’s pic of the front with the buttons I decided to use. If you remember, I had bought some buttons for Trellis during a trip to Charleston but it dawned on me the other day that they were made of leather and were therefore NOT machine washable. Not good for children’s clothing! So I got these instead and I think they look great.
Pattern notes: Overall the pattern was ok. Things could have been written more clearly but I got through without any major hiccups. One thing to note for those making the 6 month or 18 month size (the smallest or largest), when you start knitting the sleeves, start your seed stitch border with a purl stitch instead of a knit stitch. I started the border rows with a knit stitch (like I had on the other borders in the sweater) and when I started the chart, the seed stitch in the chart didn’t match up with the seed stitch in the border (knits were on top of knits and purls were on top of purls). So I had to rip out the border and start over with a purl stitch as the first stitch of every row. Overall, not a huge setback since the border is only 8 rows but still. How hard would it have been to add the line “For 6 month and 18 month sizes, begin your seed stitch with a purl stitch.” Oh well, hopefully I’ll save someone out there from having to rip those rows and re-knit!
Now I am trying to wait patiently for my yarn for Butterfly. I just got an email saying it isn’t going to ship until Tues/Wed of this week! ACK! But this is probably for the best because I really need to finish Geoff’s scarf and I know that once I start Butterfly, all works in progress will be overshadowed by it. I feel like a man… dumping my old projects for newer, younger, prettier ones.
I’m such a bastard.